“Be devoted to one another in love.
Honor one another above yourselves…”
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always,even to the very end of the age.”
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of Pomona Church of Christ is to love God, to express his love to others through service, and to spread God’s message to the lost. The vision of our church is to glorify our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, to make true disciples throughout all the nations by means of missionary activity and support, to edify believers, and to do all that is possible and scripturally permissible to magnify the name of Jesus.
I Timothy 5:17 “The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.”
Pomona Church of Christ is privileged to have three elders who oversee the various affairs of our congregation. Through their passion and dedication to God’s word, they ensure that we as a congregation continue to operate in keeping with the truth found in the Bible.
I Timothy 3:8 “In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not perusing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.”
Our Minister: Paul Darety
As our congregation’s primary minister, Paul Darety has a passion for carefully unpacking the truths of Scripture. He has served at Pomona Church of Christ since January 2000 along with the loving support of his wife, Suzanne, and their son Ethan. Paul was born and raised in Milan, TN. He holds a B.A. and M.A. degree in Ministry from Freed-Hardeman University.
Jesus told us, his disciples, to make disciples of all nations. One of the most important values of Pomona Church of Christ is our mission to spread the gospel to the world. It begins in our own community, and spreads overseas to every nation. Pomona members are involved in a variety of ministries from things such as keeping up our food pantry to working in our youth outreach program or women’s jail ministry and even traveling to other countries to help others and teach God’s word. We believe that through service to others, we serve God.
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
God-honoring worship is something we strive for. It is our goal to conduct our services in a manner that is pleasing to God and uplifting for those who participate. We hope that you will come join us each service as we strive to give God the glory through song, reading scripture, prayer, communion, and bible study.
“I will teach you about the power of God; the ways of the Almighty I will not conceal.” Job 27:11
“Start off children in the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Women’s Jail Ministry
Pomona conducts a worship service and Bible study each Sunday morning at our local women’s jail. This very rewarding ministry is always in need of women to help conduct services and mentor women who are seeking support to follow a positive direction in their life. For more information on how to get involved with this ministry, see one of our elders.
Pomona maintains a well organized visitation program to reach out and offer encouragement to the sick and shut-ins. Members of visitation teams have the opportunity to send cards, make phone calls, schedule personal visits, and offer prayers for those who are experiencing hard times and need encouragement. If you would like to become a member of a visitation team see Walter Crafton, our deacon in charge of the visitation program.
NHC Worship Services
Beautiful 60’s Boosters
One of the many great programs at Pomona is our Beautiful 60’s program which organizes activities and events for our members 60 years of age or older. Our boosters play an instrumental role and planning these activities and helping to bridge the generational gap between the young and the “young at heart.” This is a great opportunity to serve and show respect to our older generation.
We all experience times of hardship and illness where we need a little help from the daily chores. Our food committee works to provide meals for those who have experienced a recent family loss or are home recovering from a recent hospital stay. Through this work we can help carry some of the burdens of others during difficult times. If you would like to help in this area, see one of our elders.
What Activities Do You Have?
Pomona Church of Christ is not a place for spectators. It is a place for team members. Whether you are a five-year old child, a ninety-five year old grandmother, a busy mom, or a businessman with big responsibilities, we want you to be a part of our vibrant church community. Here is how you can learn, serve, and grow closer with your christian family at Pomona Church of Christ.
Pomona greatly values our young people and hold their instruction of God’s word as a high priority. Our youth group stays involved in a variety of activities such as weekly Bible studies, community service projects, and recreational time. Weekly devotionals are conducted each Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm. For more information on youth activities, check our Youth calendar or contact Jon Southerland.
Children’s Bible Class
Each Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, children get to participate in their own classes. Bible lessons are taught in such a way that every child gets to participate and learn. Among our many teaching volunteers, Pomona is blessed to have several state certified educators who help to make our education program so great. See our children’s education deacon, Chris Hedge, for more details.
Women’s Bible Class
Pomona is blessed with a great group of ladies that are dedicated to serving God. A special Women’s Bible class is held each Wednesday evening to provide them with a special time of interaction.
Children’s Bible Hour
Each Sunday evening, a special worship time is held for children 3rd grade and under. Children have a unique opportunity to sing and study in a manner that allows them to feel part of worship. Puppet shows, skits, and crafts help to reinforce the weekly bible lesson and offer a fun way for our children to learn about God.
The fourth Sunday evening of each month is dedicated to a special worship service of song and praise. We hope you’ll come to make a joyful noise to God as we sing to him.
Once you get past sixty, the fun has just begin. Whether retired, just plain tired, or active as ever, the over-60 group of Pomona Church of Christ provides refreshment, ministry, and times of valuable interaction. Monthly activities are held that offer great fun and fellowship…and awesome food!
It is the purpose and commitment of the Pomona Church of Christ Youth Group to gain a greater knowledge of the truth of God’s word, to spread his gospel to the world, and to serve him by service to others while building strong Christian bonds through fellowship and unity with one another.
Goals of the Youth Program
- To encourage our young people, through study and fellowship, to obey the gospel by being baptized for the remission of sins, to take on a life of service to God, and gain the reward of Heaven.
- To instruct and train young Christians in the leadership roles necessary to maintain and further the Lord’s church and to provide them with opportunities to exercise what they learn.
- To build a unified and loving youth group through fellowship and service activities that help build strong relationships and offer an environment that is safe physically and emotionally.
- To promote an open and positive line of communication between young people, their parents, and church leadership.
Objectives to Reach the Goals:
- Encourage all youth who meet the grade requirements to participate actively in the youth program.
- Provide an opportunity at each youth event for any member of our youth group to respond to the Lord’s invitation of repentance and salvation.
- Maintain weekly youth bible study periods that offer thoughtful instruction for living a Christian life.
- Provide gender appropriate training on service and leadership in the Lord’s church.
- Provide opportunities for young Christians to put into practice the service and leadership training they have received.
- Provide children and their parents with sufficient notice and details of youth events to ensure maximum participation of youth group members.
- Identify and develop activities that are appropriate and of interest to the youth group and their parents.
- Ensure that all children are taught and regularly reminded of the plan of salvation.
- Talk with children individually who have not been baptized by the end of their junior year.
- Ensure that each activity provided maintains an atmosphere that promotes Christian values and maintains the integrity of worship and fellowship as outlined in the bible.
- Encourage children through personal visits and interactions.
- Communicate individually with parents/guardians to allow comments and feedback in a manner which promotes a positive and respectful interaction among parents, children, and youth leadership.
What We Expect From Our Youth
1. To devote themselves to daily prayer and bible study. I Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. To support and help each other and to grow and develop as Christians: I Thessalonians 5:11
3. To invite and encourage others to attend worship services and youth activities. – Mark 16:15
4. To be respectful of others and honor those who teach, assist, lead, chaperon, or hose events and to help with set up/clean up for those events. 1 Peter 2:17
5. To always try their best to conduct themselves in manner that reflects a Christian lifestyle. – Matthew 5:16
Where? What? When?
Each week, youth devotionals are scheduled to give our teens a chance for fellowship, fun, and bible study. Check out our Youth section for details on upcoming devotionals.
Beginning November 6th and running through March 9th, a Wednesday afternoon class is conducted from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm for those who prefer to participate in a midweek bible study during daylight hours.
March 2016 Events
Office Hours: Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm.
Church Location & Address: 1705 Hwy 46 South, Dickson, TN 37055 (map)
Telephone & Fax: Tel: (615) 446-9317
If you would like directions or more information about our congregation, please call or email us at email@example.com.
To contact us during regular office hours please call or email below.
- Sherry Beard (Secretary)
- Paul Darety (Pulpit Minister)